Monday, January 14, 2008

Guilt and Clutter FREE

Yes that is right. I can help you in both areas. As I blog, my son is 4 years old and in pre-school 3 days a week. That equates to a ton of paper and projects being brought home. Each one is very unique and when this began last school year (2006/2007) I would not throw anything away. Well, by June I had accumulated SO much 'stuff'. I piled it on top of the TV stand in the basement. Then the guilt set in. I kept thinking I should display it, so I put some items in frames. Then I ran out of frames. I was about to cry, when I had an idea. I ran upstairs to get my camera. I took a picture of each and every paper/project. Uploaded the photos. Created a digital scrapbook. Threw out the actual paper/project.

Now everyone is Happy! No more clutter and no more guilt! In it's place is a beautiful scrapbook full of David's 3 year pre-school projects that he and I can enjoy for years to come. This June I will repeat these actions and we'll have a 4 year pre-school project scrapbook as well.

Want to do the same for your child? I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

3 comments:

just lisa said...

That was a great idea! It is soooo hard to keep everything.... so to just save the real special ones and take pictures of the rest and put in an album would be wonderful. Unfortunately, my two girs are 13 and almost 18 so it's a little late for me - their stuff is already packed in many boxes in the attic! ;-)

Corey~living and loving said...

yup! as you saw on my blog today. I do this as well. :)

Andrea said...

I scanned or took pics of my son's nursery school projects and then loaded them to Shutterfly! I then arranged them (Or you can upload your digital scrapbooks) and print them in a hard bound book! You can see mine on my personal blog here..http://ordinarylifeofamom.blogspot.com/2007/08/tit-tat.html